Re: Support for plain dm-crypt and detached LUKS header

From: Xen
Subject: Re: Support for plain dm-crypt and detached LUKS header
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 15:37:28 +0100

Andrei Borzenkov schreef op 11-02-2017 15:29:
11.02.2017 17:11, Maxim Fomin пишет:
 I have not found any discussion of the issue.

Just search for dm-crypt on grub-devel

Why create separate
module? It appears (I may be wrong) that this functionality can be
provided by existing module.

By the way, why user should configure the module manually? My
understanding is that user should provide all necessary options to the
command (manually or via grub.cfg) which decrypts dm-crypt partition
just like in case of cryptsetup.

cryptsetup works with self-identifying containers which dm-crypt is not.

I take it you mean the detection required for grub-probe etc?

Is that only the generation phase of grub.cfg or also the execution of it by grub as the bootloader?