Re: How to reuse the the part of codes about file system in grub ?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: How to reuse the the part of codes about file system in grub ?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 08:10:25 +0300

Oops. Apparently you sent completely unrelated patch. Or my mail server is messed up ...

Отправлено с iPhone

18 сент. 2015 г., в 3:52, Arch Stack <address@hidden> написал(а):

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:

Not sure I understand the question. Device names are obviously platform specific. On Windows raw devices are indeed named like above. Could you please give example of what you are trying to do?

For example, if grub-fstest is compiled with MinGW32 and used on cmd, ‘grub-fstest.exe C:\dumpfile ls /' or 'grub-fstest.exe \\.\GLOBALROOT\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 ls /' can't work.
I have created a patch for it to use grub-fstest on Windows. Commands above work well with this patch.
But I notice that the if statement I have patched aimed to check whether the file_name was a blocklist or not. I think that the name of a blocklist has a special format, why not just check for it?
<0001-Add-check-when-store-disk-cache.patch>