Re: Grub2 install with / on lvm

From: jeff
Subject: Re: Grub2 install with / on lvm
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 12:47:06 -0800 (PST)

The quick work around you suggested did not work.  The result of that was when
booting it would display several lines of an error message "failure reading
sector x?x?x?x from hd1".  These several lines would alternately display and
disappear, seemingly as if it was stuck in a boot loop.  A cnt-alt-del would
get out of it, then using the SuperGrub2 CD I could get it to boot again after
adding the LVM option.

I am ready to give up on this and do a reinstall (taking more detailed notes
next time).  Unless you want me to continue exploring something that would
assist you.  I probably won't find the time to do the re-install for at least a
day or so, if you would like additional information.  Thanks again for your
assistance.

Jeff