Re: Disabling UUID in grub-mkconfig_lib

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Disabling UUID in grub-mkconfig_lib
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:22:42 +0400

В Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:14:47 +1000
Carl Turney <address@hidden> пишет:

> Hi Richard, Andrei, and Simon,
>
> Thanks for the helpful replies.
>
> Richard:  I would have rewritten and resubmitted my question, but didn't
> get around to it.
>
> Andrei:  So, if I just changed that =one= line in /etc/default/grub the
> bootup system will automatically ignore all the UUID references (and
> somehow find the =correct= devices and partitions) in fstab, resume,

Standard scripts used by grub-mkconfig do not touch resume= parameter
at all. If it is present, it is either done by distribution-specific
scripts, or simply statically added in a value of
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX and/or GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT
in /etc/default/grub. Some distribution use different parameters here.

>                                                                      and
> grub-mkconfig_lib -- and I don't even have to run update-grub2 ?

I do not know what update-grub2 is or does, but you need to re-create
grub.cfg using grub-mkconfig. If update-grub2 is a wrapper around it,
then yes, you of course need to run it.