Re: grub2-mkconfig with root on rootfs

From: Peter Volkov
Subject: Re: grub2-mkconfig with root on rootfs
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 00:13:29 +0400

В Вт, 01/10/2013 в 17:18 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov пишет:
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Peter Volkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> > В Вт, 01/10/2013 в 10:59 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov пишет:

> >> Could you show full /proc/mounts (or even better, /proc/self/mountinfo)?
> >
> > Yup, here is /proc/self/mountinfo:
> > 1 1 0:1 / / rw - rootfs rootfs rw
>
> OK so do I understand it correctly - you are running purely from
> initramfs and do not have any additional filesystems?

yup.

> On which device do you install grub? Where is your /boot/grub located?
>
> Please show full command line and its output used to install grub.

I have single hard drive /dev/sdc with two partitions. First partition
is formatted with ext4 (second partition is unformatted yet). To install
grub I mount it to /mnt/root/ directory and then I run:

grub2-install /dev/sdc --boot-directory=/mnt/root/

Then my "/boot/grub" is located at (hd0, msdos1)/grub.

--
Peter.