Solved Re: recovering win7

From: squareyes
Subject: Solved Re: recovering win7
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:27:43 +1030

On 12/01/13 19:17, squareyes wrote:
Hi, I have a laptop that I had win7 (came with it) and Ubuntu.
The monitor has been damaged but still works with an external monitor.

I have deleted partitions formatted them after deleting partitions and created a single new partition, and used the recovery disks (5 dvd's), I elected to re-install everything,
thought that format the drive, but after re-starting I get a screen with

error:no such partition.
grub rescue>

Problem solved,
many thanks for all the help.
I re-installed Ubuntu 12.04, with no problems.
Used gparted live cd to flag the partition to "Boot"
Re ran the recovery disks and all went in ok.

Thanks will be more careful in future:-)
Take care
Winton