Re: How to build grub.efi out of Grub Legacy code?

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: How to build grub.efi out of Grub Legacy code?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:47:40 +0400

В Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:21:19 +0000
"Zhan, Beilei" <address@hidden> пишет:

> Thanks for your reply.
> I would use 2.0 if it provides stable EFI boot. Unfortunately it doesn't work
> well with the kernel I am using.

What do you mean? If grub2 fails to load kernel from one of supported
OS, you should report this to grub-devel and/or grub bug tracker
(depending on how far you can diagnose the problem).

Could you give some more details? What OS (Linux, *BSD, some other)?
Kernel version? What happens when you load it, how does it fail?
grub.cfg used to load it?

> Is there any requirement for the kernel (like version or certain patch) to
> boot with Grub2 EFI?

kernel for which operating system?