Re: personal script

From: Leslie S Satenstein
Subject: Re: personal script
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 17:57:10 -0800 (PST)

One way to learn grub is to debug problems.
Grub2 is pretty clean, particularly the version with the new Fedora 18

sudo  grub2-mkconfig >/tmp/grub.cfg    is what I run
I then study /tmp/grub.cfg and while the rule is to not make changes, (since a kernel upgrade will cause a new version to be written), I do remove groups of menu items and
I change default from '0' to the linux of choice (my system has 4 different distributions)

When I am happy with my tinkering of my /tmp/grub.cfg,
I do a sudo su
I cp /boot/grub2/grub.cfg   /boot/grub2/grub.bak       # always have a backup

I then cp  /tmp/grub.cfg /boot/grub2/

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE FEDORA LINUX SYSTEM.

mailto:address@hidden
alternative: address@hidden
www.itbms.biz  www.eclipseguard.com