Issue with grub2-mkconfig

From: Michael D. Setzer II
Subject: Issue with grub2-mkconfig
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 06:43:09 +1000

I've noticed an issue with at least Fedora 16's grub2-mkconfig.

I have systems that have an XP partition on /dev/sda1 and have
noticed two issues.

1. After running grub2-mkconfig once, it works fine, and creates
the grub.cfg correct, but if one runs it again, it fails to find the
windows?
2. After running grub2-mkconfig once, the windows partition can
not be mounted as it says it is busy, but is not mounted?

In both cases restarting the machine fixes the problem, so I am
guessing that something in the probe process is mounting the
partition in some way, and then not fully releasing it.

Not sure if these has always been like this, or this is new. I
generally would have the machines reboot after doing an update,
but recently did not, and saw this?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:address@hidden
  mailto:address@hidden
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

address@hidden CREDITS
SETI        12054591.582602   |   EINSTEIN     7652086.299852
ROSETTA      4407491.272081   |   ABC         12212118.208328