Getting rid of 'recovery' entries when generating grub's menu

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Getting rid of 'recovery' entries when generating grub's menu
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 23:59:49 -0400

With grub v 1.98 on stock debian squeeze I would like to disable the
generation of 'recovery' entries in grub.cfg.

I tried these settings in /etc/default/grub:

| GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_RECOVERY="true"
| GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

Tested either one and even both of them together... didn't make any
difference.

Is there a typo in the above.. did I misundertand the doc.. is this
debian-specific.. or is it an upstream bug that has already been fixed
in more current releases of grub?

Thanks,

CJ

--