Re: Comparing GRUB Legacy to GRUB

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: Comparing GRUB Legacy to GRUB
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:03:08 -0800

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Eric H. Christensen
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm working on updating the Fedora Security Guide and I'm trying to determine
> what the differences are between GRUB Legacy and GRUB.  I found mention of a
> comparison on the GRUB webpage[0] but the link goes to the GRUB Legacy
> documentation[1] where I can't seem to find a comparison.
>
> Does a comparison between the two versions of GRUB exist?  Thanks.

There is an explanation of grub2's images as they relate to grub
legacy's stages in the grub manual [1] , but no general comparison
that I'm aware of. Why do you want a comparison with grub legacy
rather than just an explanation of how grub2 works / is used?

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Images

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)