help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] non-existing CA bundle

From: Daniel Stenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] non-existing CA bundle
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:15:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

Could you send me a small program that can reproduce this problem?

Sorry for all the noise tonight, but I truly expect this to be my last mail for a few hours! ;-)

Here's how to repeat a problem that seems to be the same one I get. At least it loops in the the handshake loop "forever". (The assert line numbers are slightly different though.)

Attached to this mail is a test application source code. I built it on Linux and linked with GnuTLS 1.2.0.

In my earlier post, I tried the app against the sourceforge HTTPS server and it worked fine.

Now I tried it against my test server (for the curl test suite) and I get the problem. The test server in question is simply stunnel running with my dumb HTTP test server behind it.

The 'httpssserver.pl' I use is a script that just starts stunnel with the proper options. See here:

http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/tests/httpsserver.pl?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I figure you could get away with using _anything_ to stunnel to in order to get this test setup working since the handshake never completes and thus stunnel never passes anything through to the other program.

--
         -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-