help-gnustep

How to Get GWorkspace Running Inside WindowMaker (Not on top of It)?

From: Ignatzzzz
Subject: How to Get GWorkspace Running Inside WindowMaker (Not on top of It)?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 07:31:48 -0700 (MST)

Hi, all...

Following Ivan's advice, I installed WindowMaker (under Ubuntu on a
Raspberry Pi) and I want to use GWorkspace as a file manager. However, when
I launch it, its desktop overrides WindowMaker's and I can't get access to
WindowMaker's 'Application' menu (I get the Gworkspace menu when I
right-click on the Desktop). In GWorkspace > Preferences > Desktop, I see
that there is an 'Omnipresent' option, but checking and unchecking this has
no effect. Is it possible to edit a config file somewhere to get rid of the
Desktop?

TIA,

Tim

--