help-gnu-music

Re: using 'flat' or # in a title

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: using 'flat' or # in a title
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:55:03 -0400

    Mats> For the record, the solution in both the cases was to include the
    Mats> TeX code in quotes, thus both
    Mats> _ _ _ _ "6" _ "5 6" _ _ "$\sharp$" _
    Mats> and
    Mats> _ _ _ _ "6" _ "5 6" _ _ "\fetachar\fetasharp" _
    Mats> works fine. However the latter version is preferred since
    Mats> it gives the same layout of the accidental as is used
    Mats> within the music.

But I don't think that's normal for continuo printing.  What you want
is a sharp, flat or natural that looks as much as possible as a
number, in terms of size and baseline.  Both \fetasharp and \sharp are
a bit big, and have a baseline that's different.  This edition that
I'm transcribing the Schütz from looks to me to be using a smaller
version of the sharp that's used on the staff.

Is there a way to use the next size smaller \fetasharp?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139