help-gnu-music

Re: kpathsea

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: kpathsea
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 12:27:51 +0200

> It's me again. It still do not work here, sorry. :-(
>
> address@hidden:/usr]$ find . -name libkpathsea.a
> ./local/tex/lib/libkpathsea.a
> address@hidden:/usr]$ export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/tex/lib/"
> address@hidden:/usr]$ find . -name kpathsea
> ./local/tex/include/kpathsea
> ./local/tex/teTeX-1.0/texk/kpathsea
> ./local/TeX/texmf/doc/html/kpathsea
> ./local/TeX/texmf/doc/kpathsea
> address@hidden:/usr]$ export CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/tex/include"
> address@hidden:/usr]$ cd ~/lilypond/lilypond
> address@hidden:~/lilypond/lilypond]$ rm config.cache
> address@hidden:~/lilypond/lilypond]$ ./configure --prefix=/users/rz/usr
> --exec-prefix=/users/rz/usr/$HOSTTYPE --enable-optimise
> --disable-debugging --enable-config=$HOSTTYPE
> [...]
> checking for kpathsea/kpathsea.h... yes
> checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
> checking for kpse_find_file... no
> configure: error: Cannot find kpathsea functions.  You should install
> kpathsea; see INSTALL.txt.  Rerun ./configure --without-kpathsea only if
> kpathsea is not available for your platform.

First check: What version of kpathsea do you have?
grep KPSEVERSION /usr/local/tex/include/kpathsea/c-auto.h

(mine is 3.3.1)

Second check: Try the test case from configure manually:
  - Create a file kkk.c with the following contents
char kpse_find_file();

int main() {
kpse_find_file()
; return 0; }
  - Run 'cc kkk.c -L/usr/local/tex/lib/ -lkpathsea'
    and see if you get an error message and what it says.

   /Mats