help-gnu-music

Re: kpathsea

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: kpathsea
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 11:52:27 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> or installing the include and lib files. Try to find a
> directory .../include/kpathsea/ and a file libkpathsea.a
> on your system. Let's say that you found them in
> /usr/local/include/kpathsea/ and /usr/local/lib/libkpathsea.a
> then, set the environment variables
> CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include
> LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/lib/
> remove the file config.cache and rerun configure.

It's me again. It still do not work here, sorry. :-(

address@hidden:/usr]$ find . -name libkpathsea.a
./local/tex/lib/libkpathsea.a
address@hidden:/usr]$ export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/tex/lib/"
address@hidden:/usr]$ find . -name kpathsea
./local/tex/include/kpathsea
./local/tex/teTeX-1.0/texk/kpathsea
./local/TeX/texmf/doc/html/kpathsea
./local/TeX/texmf/doc/kpathsea
address@hidden:/usr]$ export CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/tex/include"
address@hidden:/usr]$ cd ~/lilypond/lilypond
address@hidden:~/lilypond/lilypond]$ rm config.cache
address@hidden:~/lilypond/lilypond]$ ./configure --prefix=/users/rz/usr
--exec-prefix=/users/rz/usr/$HOSTTYPE --enable-optimise
--disable-debugging --enable-config=$HOSTTYPE
[...]
checking for kpathsea/kpathsea.h... yes
checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
checking for kpse_find_file... no
configure: error: Cannot find kpathsea functions.  You should install
kpathsea; see INSTALL.txt.  Rerun ./configure --without-kpathsea only if
kpathsea is not available for your platform.

:-(

-Rune