help-gnu-music

Installing info files

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Installing info files
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:07:23 +0000

I'm having trouble installing the info files.  The files
lilypond.info* and lilypond-internals.info* are placed in
/usr/local/info by make install. Then I assume install-info is the way
forward, so I do..

install-info lilypond.info dir
install-info lilypond-internals.info dir

Then, when running info from emacs, the dir entries are placed
in the top-level dir:

GNU music project
* GNU LilyPond (lilypond).           The GNU music typesetter.
* GNU LilyPond internals (lilypond-internals).           LilyPond internals.

but they are not highlighted in bold and the links can't be followed.

Invoking info using

info -f foo

only works for lilypond.info-1 and lilypond-internals.info-1, the others give

info: Cannot find node `Top'.

I notice that the README.txt and INSTALL.txt files don't mention
installing texinfo docs, and recommending using the HTML docs instead.
I guess they contain the same material anyway.

--
chris