help-gnu-music

Re: Help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:40:27 +0100

> I have gotten all of the required files for this program but am not able
> to run it. It puts up a five line block of text and then it freezes my
> computer. Please tell me what to do

Please tell us which program version you are using and on which
platform.

Also, it's almost impossible to answer your question unless you
specify more clearly what you did and what happened.
However, my guess is that you just run the command lilypond
without any arguments. Then it's time to start reading in the
users manual. Lilypond expects a text file as input that describes
the music you want to typeset and is probably very different to
what you're used to if you normally use Microsoft products.
You can find examples on the WWW page (remember to look at the
WWW page corresponding to (or as close as possible) the Lilypond
version you have installed.

     /Mats