help-gnu-music

Re: Fingerings next to note head

From: POLCHER Jan
Subject: Re: Fingerings next to note head
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:19:42 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

May I come back for a moment to this thread...

> POLCHER Jan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This is what I want to write :

> >        xxx|
> >      3 xxx|
> >        xxx|
>
> You should check out input/test/script-horizontal.ly.  It is possible,
> but maybe we should devise a better way of setting the Horizontal
> property for this to be really usable..

Thanks Jan, this works indeed but it is not very practical when nearly
every note has fingering indications for both hands :-) This is the case
when you write complex pieces for the guitar or want to help students.

Would it be possible to have it interfaced in the same way as "^" or "_"?
One could use for instance use the "=" character to indicate that the
following string should be at the same height as the note head. With a
\property statement one could then choose if it should be before or after
the note head.

I hope this is not an isolated request. I guess that most instruments
which require fingering instructions for both hands will need this. It
becomes also unavoidable when you want to write these instructions on the
notes making up a chord.

        Thank you very much

                Jan