help-gnu-music

Re: Lily_requirements-II

From: Frederick Polgardy Jr
Subject: Re: Lily_requirements-II
Date: 05 Mar 2001 13:57:49 -0600

> I'm running a RedHat-6.2 system with Helix(now Ximian)-Gnome.  Does anyone
> know what other RPMs I need to satisfy the above dependencies without
> breaking anything on my system?  I'd really like to get Lilypond running
> (without fouling up anything else).

Unfortunately, I think there will be some dependency problems installing
the latest versions of lily on RedHat 6.2.  I am able to keep things
pretty well in sync under RedHat 7.0 (although gnome-games depends on an
older version of guile, so I always have to rebuild games from src when
I upgrade my system -- gotta have my xbill :-)).

You should be able to upgrade umb-scheme and readline without really
affecting anything else on your system; but I doubt glibc would upgrade
without a fight.

--
|__ _  |    |  _ __|    F R E D E R I C K   P O L G A R D Y   J R.
  | |\ \    / /| |      Virtual Media, Inc.
  | | \ \  / / | |      18-3 E Dundee Suite 300 Barrington, IL 60010-5278
 _| |_ \ \/ / _| |_     Phone: 847/842.9008 Fax: 847/842-1731
|_____| \__/ |_____|    http://www.virtual-media.com