help-gnu-music

fingerings next to note head

From: POLCHER Jan
Subject: fingerings next to note head
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:52:38 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

We are attempting to write the fingerings to a guitar piece. As one uses
both hands to play a guitar (:-)) two symbols are used to indicate which
finger of which hand is used to play the note : Letters for the right hand
and numbers for the left hand.

To avoid too many symbols above and below the note it is usual to put the
letter (right hand) above or below the note and the number to the right of
the note head.

We have attempted to do that with lilypond but without much success. The
reference manual did not provide sufficient information.

Could you please point us to a document where we can see how it can be
done.

        Thanks

                Jan