help-gnu-music

Problems with Lilypond chordChanges property

From: Janne Kivijarvi
Subject: Problems with Lilypond chordChanges property
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:29:22 +0200 (EET)

%{

Hi!

I'm having a problem with the chordChanges property.

Down there's a simple melody with lyrics and chords. The chord
is C major all the time and if I've understood things correctly, the
chordChanges property should prevent the symbol 'C'  from being printed
more than once per row. Well, at least on 1.3.129 it doesn't seem to
do that for me.

Instead, the chord symbol is printed 4 times (the third bar doesn't get
one so something _is_ happening in there).

If I print the chord notes instead of the melody (by commenting out the
line '\context Staff \melody' and uncommenting the one below it), the
chord symbols turn out as expected i.e. just once.

Also, is there a standard way of stating that (for example) the first
bar shouldn't have a chord (symbol) at all? An empty chord symbol
or a "no chord" chord?

Janne

%}

\version "1.3.129";

melody = \notes \relative c'{
        \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
        c2 d | d1 | c2 d | c e | f g }

accomp = \chords { c1 c c c c}

verse = \lyrics {
        foo bar foo bar foo bar foo bar foo }