help-gnu-music

Re: Functions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Functions
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:37:54 +0100

> How do lily fonctions work?
> I cannot find any documentation about it...
> I see a lot of lambda's in the examples... What are they?
>
> Stem \override #'beamed-minimum-lengths = #(map (lambda (x) (* 0.8 x))
> '(0.0 2.5 2.0 1.5))
>
> This is nonsense for me. Is it documented anywhere?

Yes, it's Scheme (a LISP dialect) which is used in Lilypond to
implement many different features, using the Scheme interpreter
Guile. More information on Scheme, including a reference manual,
is available at
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/home.html

On my Debian system, the reference manual is also available
in the package r5rs-doc.

  /Mats