help-gnu-music

Re: double beams with two voices

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: double beams with two voices
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:27:52 +0100

Brian McMinn wrote:

> I'm trying to transcribe a SATB choral arrangement
> from a handwritten copy.  The author has written the
> women's parts on the treble staff and the men's parts
> on the bass staff and when both parts on the same
> staff sing the same rythym, he has put the notes on
> the same stem (including the 8th notes).

Oh, there are some national differences there - then. I have never seen
anything but stems in different directions like what I showed to you.
Well. I think you are looking for something like

\version "1.3.129";

\include "paper16.ly";

\include "english.ly";

melone = \notes \relative c' {c4 c8 d8 c2 e4  e2.}
meltwo = \notes \relative c' {e4 e8 f8 e2 g2. g4}

\score{
  \context ChoirStaff <
    \context Staff = top_staff {
        \clef treble;
        \context Voice = a \partcombine Voice
        \context Thread = two \meltwo
        \context Thread = one \melone
    }

}

You can then use melone and meltwo for syncronizing lyrics.
I'm not sure it'll work in 1.3.84. You can try - just change 1.3.129 to
1.3.84.

-Rune