help-gnu-music

Re: Q: Whole rest woe

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Q: Whole rest woe
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 07:41:45 +0100

David Petrou wrote:

> I tried:
>   \property Staff.MultiMeasureRest \override #'staff-position = #3
>   R1
> in one voice, and
>   \property Staff.MultiMeasureRest \override #'staff-position = #-3
>   R1
> in another.

Well, since the two voices are in the same staff those two statements
will refer to the same variable, so that will not work.
Changing Staff to Voice (\property Voice.MultiMeasureRest....) should
help.
But you still have the problem that lilypond tries to move the rests
automatically before the staff position is added. So even though the
former wrong rests hence will be placed correctly the other rests will
be placed wrong.
The only solution I can think of is to manually change the
staff-position before each rest. (0 for the correct rests and 3 for the
wrong ones) :-(

-Rune