help-gnu-music

Re: Two Lilypond questions

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Two Lilypond questions
Date: 01 Feb 2001 11:29:49 +0100

Chris Jackson <address@hidden> writes:

> Although currently it cannot distinguish between upward and downward
> arpeggios? I've never actually seen a downward arpeggio in printed
> piano music, I assume it's just an arrowhead at the bottom of the
> squiggly line?

Yes.

> I'm interested because I've written one myself in my piano music
> (see DownloadLilypondScores webpage).  I'm not sure how hard this
> would be to hack, not yet having studied the source closely.

You'd have to make a nice arrowhead that fits on the arpeggio symbol.
That's probably the hardest thing.  I think that it should even
contain a small piece of the squiggly line (about half a squiggle),
ending in a straight where the arrow head fits.

You can probably tell the arpeggio symbol whether to add what arrowhead by
setting an arpeggio grob property.