help-gnu-music

[Help-gnu-music] I fixed the .mf problem!

From: Simon Adda-Reyss
Subject: [Help-gnu-music] I fixed the .mf problem!
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:34:59 +0000

The problem is that the directory texmf/ from the tetex-extra package is
located in /usr/lib on
my debian slink, instead of /usr/share. Is it a common problem? I just
created a symbolic link and it worked.
 Another problem: I had to install the python-misc package to have the
module find.py (maybe you could write this in the Install file
somewhere?)
Otherwise, I couldn't compile the Documentation repertory (I didn't try
to fix it), so I just erased it from the subdirectories entry if the
GNUMakefile. But I would like to know what's wrong. Maybe it has
something to do with TexInfo or something?

 So I compiled it and installed it, and now, at long last, it IS
working... Wow, that was hard!

Well, actually, it's not quite working yet, because I can compile a file
.ly to a .tex file, but when I run tex, it greets me with an error,
always the same "\input lilyponddefs", file not found. What is that
file? Oh, I'm sorry, a little more help, please! (it works, though, when
I try directly "ly2dvi file.ly" instead of "lilypond -o file file.ly"
(and it's very beautiful...) . Strange, isn't it?)

Thank you