help-gnu-music

[Help-gnu-music] Compilation problem

From: Simon Adda-Reyss
Subject: [Help-gnu-music] Compilation problem
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:19:32 -0700

Hi, everybody!

 I'm sorry to bother you, but there is something I would like to ask
you:
I'd like to compile Lilypond on a Debian Slink Gnu/Linux system. I
installed the Guile 1.3 package as requested, but when I launch the
"configure" script, it stops with an error message saying "guile-config
not found. Is guile installed?". The "guile-config" command doesn't
work, and there is no file called "guile-config" on my harddisk. But
guile IS installed properly (it works when I type "guile").

 What am I missing? What should I do? Is there a package I should get?
Or can I just assume that guile is working and erase or modify the
"guile-config" line in the configure script?

Please help me...

Simon Adda-Reyss

P.S: I actually typed "./configure --disable-debugging" to launch the
script, because I don't have enough room on my disk. I know this has
nothing to do with that, but you never know...

P.P.S: Thanks for writing Lilypond, it's a great great software!