Re: bug#7937: not entirely sure how to go about this, my first bug fix.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: bug#7937: not entirely sure how to go about this, my first bug fix.
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 16:19:06 +0200

Stephen Meister <pallagun@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi steve,

>   I've tried to fix bug #7937 (my patch is attached).  I've also tried to
> join the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list but I don't think the subscription
> request has completed yet.  Is it required to be a member of that mailing
> list before sending a message to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org?

You should reply to the bug specifiy mail address, <7937@debbugs.gnu.org>
this case. Your message will *also* be visible in the bug-gnu-emacs ML.

>   Also, is it ok to have the subject of my email formatted as I do here
> ("bug#XYZ: --description--")?

Yep.

>   Further, given that I'm currently unemployed for the next week is it
> acceptable to submit code without an employer signing any paperwork as I
> don't technically have an employer?  In the past I have completed the
> copyright assignment for emacs ( gnu.org #1776190 via Craig Topham).

Don't know. Personally, I have no employer (anymore), and so it is
sufficient to have signed the FSF papers by myself. Until you have a new
employer, this should also be OK for you, but IANAL.

> -steve

Best regards, Michael.