Re: problems importing keys via epa-search-keys

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: problems importing keys via epa-search-keys
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 09:17:18 +0200

> From: Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>, Eli
>  Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 01:58:43 +0300
>
> Yes, broken since 23b6cd41f55b833e8a562c51642d36b5211a510b, the patch is
> below.
>
> Eli, would this be OK for emacs-29?  This is clearly a regression.

It's a regression that existed since Emacs 28.1, right?  So its fix
should try to avoid changing APIs.  Therefore, please try to make a
change that leaves the signature of epa-ks--query-url unchanged, I
think it should be easy in this case.  (Yes, I know it's an internal
function, but that doesn't mean we can change the signature when we
can avoid that.)

Thanks.

P.S. And why are you posting patches and their discussion here, not on
the bug tracker?