Re: Undo defalias

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Undo defalias
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 22:58:54 +0000

There's admittedly the possibility/risk that you hit `C-g` (or some similar error occurred) right at the specific moment when `cl-letf` was executing the second part of the `unwind-protect` (i.e. the one that reset `message` to its previous definition).

That's a known hole in our system.

Should we not inhibit-quit around the unwind-form of cl-letf to avoid this? Otherwise the promise of cl-letf ("On exit, either normally or because of a `throw' or error, the PLACEs are set back to their original values.") is not fulfilled. (And yes, I know that, even with inhibit-quit, it is still possible that a C-g would be processed just before we bind inhibit-quit.)