Re: Undo defalias

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Undo defalias
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 10:29:18 -0500

> Somehow `message' ended aliased to `ignore':

That'd be a bug.
Probably a piece of code intended to do that temporarily but the
restoration code failed or failed to be run.

It'd be good to track it down and get the code fixed.

> How could I bind back `message' to its original function definition?

Depends on how it got set to `ignore` (you can try exiting from
a recursive edit or a minibuffer), but in many cases it's impossible:
the #<subr message> object may simply not be reachable from anywhere any
more :-(

        Stefan