Re: Need for colorful completing read

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Need for colorful completing read
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 10:11:33 +0000

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Would there be any way to re-use this when completing color-names in CSS?
>
> I haven't looked at the CSS code -- are CSS colours the same as the "OS
> colours"?

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors:

          The first versions of Mosaic and Netscape Navigator used the
          X11 color names as the basis for their color lists, as both
          started as X Window System applications

          [...]

          Several colors are defined by web browsers. A particular
          browser may not recognize all of these colors, but as of 2005,
          all modern, general-use, graphical browsers support the full
          list of colors. Many of these colors are from the list of X11
          color names distributed with the X Window System.

So it looks like it.