RE: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 18:47:34 -0800 (PST)

> My read is that bookmarks share the same
> deficiency as tag tables.  That is once
> loaded it is the user's responsibility
> to manage.

Dunno what that means.  Could you elaborate?

Like bookmark files, you can have any number
of tag tables.  And like bookmark files, you
you can switch among tag files whenever you
want.

So yes, there are such similarities.  And?
That just means users can control their use.
How is such control a "deficiency" or a
"management responsibility"?

And "once loaded" seems irrelevant.  What
management is forced on you by loading a tag
file or a bookmark file?

The same is true of any file you load, whether
a file of customizations, function definitions,
key bindings, synonyms, or anything else: once
loaded, you can use the file content.

Likewise, a mode.  Once turned on, you can use
its features, key bindings, etc.  And you can
turn it off or switch to another mode anytime.

Likewise, a flash drive: Once inserted, you
can use its files.  And you can switch to a
different drive anytime.  Etc.

What "deficiencies" are we talking about here?