Re: Most used words in current buffer

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Most used words in current buffer
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 17:08:15 -1000

As a writer I rather like this and I've started to adapt it for my
Emacs writing environment. I plan on a simple change to allow optional
restriction to a region rather than the whole buffer.

But as a writing tool, (and I realize I'm straying from pure Emacs
discussion) the issue is that words like "the" and all the common
stuff are always going to come out on top in an English-language piece
of any length. The next trick will be to eliminate such common words
(again, optionally).

By the way on a 2 MB file the elisp version runs in a few seconds.
Hats off to the coder.

Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i