Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:22:50 -0400

As someone who uses keyboard macros constantly ...

I think they're certainly faster to write than lisp, since there's no debug time.

For some specialized task I'll probably never use again, I can probably write the macro with less keystrokes than calling up .emacs and typing in the elisp.

For the rare times I think I'll need the command again, I assign it to a key chord or save it.