I want to make C-d works in two ways.

From: Jeongtae Roh
Subject: I want to make C-d works in two ways.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:20:43 -0000

Hi.

I tried to find out a solution by myself, but failed.

I hope C-d do "kill-region" command when I selected words or
sentences.

Now it works only as "delete-forward-character", even if I activate a
region.

So I studied the original code of CUA mode, because it has a function
like this:

;; Only when the region is currently active (and highlighted since
;; transient-mark-mode is used), the C-x and C-c keys will work as CUA
;; keys
;;     C-x -> cut
;;     C-c -> copy
;; When the region is not active, C-x and C-c works as prefix keys!

Can anybody tell me what should I do?

-- Jeongtae