Re: I want to make C-d works in two ways.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: I want to make C-d works in two ways.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:20:47 -0000

Jeongtae Roh <basil83@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to find out a solution by myself, but failed.
>
> I hope C-d do "kill-region" command when I selected words or
> sentences.

That's default in the development version:

delete-active-region is a variable defined in `simple.el'.
Its value is t

Documentation:
Whether single-char deletion commands delete an active region.
This has an effect only if Transient Mark mode is enabled, and
affects `delete-forward-char' and `delete-backward-char', though
not `delete-char'.

If the value is the symbol `kill', the active region is killed
instead of deleted.

You can customize this variable.

This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
version 24.1 of Emacs.

--
David Kastrup