Re: page-at-a-time output for M-x shell

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: page-at-a-time output for M-x shell
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:42:24 +0200

Am 14.07.2009 um 22:02 schrieb Francis Moreau:

Damn, Monsieur, you're crazy :-)

I'm in the same situation! I can't understand how my family switches through thirty-something TV programmes!

Some years ago our old TV set broke. The new one had no buttons to switch programmes. And the cable delivered thirty-something! I did not care, the important programmes like arte, 3sat, BR, WDR I could easily reach. And for the others I had my folks. One summer I had to stay at home while the family was on holidays (I was offered to come later in my car). Now I had a problem! From my car, a big truck, I was used to twenty-something gear programmes, en route on route national 7 or German autobahns. No problem to switch! But that damned TV set, it had no gear box! Being a born mechanic (and Elisp programmer) I could easily dismantle my truck's gear and take it up home (second floor). Now, stupid TV set, I'll teach how to switch programmes! No dice…

OK, I did not solve the programme, uhm, problem last millennium, I could get away into holidays, so that I still don't know whether I have to bring the whole TV set into the truck or the complete truck into the living room…

It actually still puzzles me! (Dancing my onze danses pour combattre ma migraine.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Imbecility, n.:
        A kind of divine inspiration, or sacred fire affecting
        censorious critics of this dictionary.
                        – Ambrose Bierce: _The Devil's Dictionary_