Re: page-at-a-time output for M-x shell

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: page-at-a-time output for M-x shell
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:16:02 +0200

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
> But the main problem I think, which is a different issue, is why the
> hell Emacs has 2 functionalities that do 'basically' the same thing ?!

Two? I know at least three!  M-x terminal is yet another.

As for mail UA, there are at least four (gnus, rmail, vm, mew), and
probably many more.

> Why can't it offer one and only one package that give the best of the
> 2 worlds ?

Because this is not a scarce world.  There's nobody to strangle the
offer and make you pay dearly for a few features.  There's an
aboundance of coders, and an aboundance of code produced, so you can
choose amongst several options.  If you want empty shops, URSS^W North
Korea is that way.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__