Re: diary sexp question

From: bxf4
Subject: Re: diary sexp question
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:27:07 -0800

reingold@emr.cs.iit.edu (Edward M. Reingold) writes:

> If you can be more specific about what you are trying to do, I can be of more
> help.

Hello and thank you for your response.  I've only had time to read
your functions once, but I'll try to look at them more closely soon.

Here are concrete examples of what I'm trying to do.  (Sorry for the
lack of specificity in the previous message.)

- I'll be teaching a course in the Winter quarter.  The course meets
  every Tue., Wed., Thurs., and Fri. from 1:30 to 2:20.  On Tues. and
  Thurs. I'm in one building, and on Wed. and Fri. another.  I'd like
  the entries to only show up during the quarter, and I'd like to get
  the building correct each day.  I don't want to just say that
  "Tues. I teach in Building 1" because it shows up every
  Tues. forever.  I was thinking something like this:

if today is in date_range and
   if today is Tues or Thurs then 1:30--2:20 teach Bldg 1
   else if today is Wed or Fri then 1:30--2:20 teach Bldg 7

- Another example is a weekly seminar that only meets during the
  quarter.

if today is in date_range and
   if today is Friday then 12:00 brown-bag seminar

This is where I was trying to go with my attempt at doctoring the
examples in the info file.  Thank you again.  I'll try to look at your
functions tomorrow.