diary sexp question

From: bxf4
Subject: diary sexp question
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:19:26 -0800

Hello,

First, I'm not very knowledgeable about emacs lisp, but I'm working on
it.  I'm trying to create some weekly meetings (class times) in my
diary and I'd like them to appear every TWThF through the end of the
quarter.

I started with code from the info manual and tried to get the entry to
show up on particular days of the week, without limiting to a certain
time period.  It didn't work, though.

&%%(let (dayname (calendar-day-of-week date))
      (or (memq dayname '(2 4))
          (memq dayname '(3 5)))) 13:30--14:20 Psych 315

I was also trying to put the entry on particular days of the month,
but I don't think that was working either.
&%%(let (day (car (cdr date)))
      (or (= day 22)
          (= day 25))) print success

I'd like a sexp that took the following arguments:
- weekdays
- times
- range of dates for the appointments

I'd appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction, or just
giving me the sexp (since I bet it's pretty easy for people who know
how they work).  Thank you for your time and help.

--
Brian P. Flaherty
Department of Psychology