Re: date parsing

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: date parsing
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:15:12 +0300

Thanks, but I think I'll stick to changes that will not disappear next
time I compile Emacs.

Modifying the functions from the calendar dir was is still my last
resort. As for checking that parse-time is really ok, the real test
would be to encode that value that parse-time gives you and then decode
it back to a string and see that they match.

I'll quote from time-date.el:

              ;; `parse-time-string' isn't sufficiently general or
              ;; robust.  It fails to grok some of the formats that
              ;; timezone does (e.g. dodgy post-2000 stuff from some
              ;; Elms) and either fails or returns bogus values.  Lars
              ;; reverted this change, but that loses non-trivially
              ;; often for me.  -- fx

Nevertheless, thank you for the cool idea and the time you took to
promptly reply.

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell