Re: next release

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: next release
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:39:54 -0500

Tim wrote:
> There seem to be lots of patches/fixes floating about - why not
> include 'em all into a proper release sooner rather than later ?

I've contemplated just that.  The move to automake/autoconf is
complete, many patches have been applied, but there still seem to be
some build problems with some Sun environments.

I've been secretly working on replacing the various functions that
moved out of libiberty to misc.c with gnulib replacements, but need to
do some testing to make sure I've got it working correctly.  This
could probably be postponed.

The Kerberos build configuration in autoconf is still broken, and I
still need to roll in the "safe open" semantics into gen-index.c and
others.  I could probably do the latter sometime this week; maybe
Friday.

I would really like to get a Xen setup going so I could test out
different OS'es and perhaps setup buildbot.

It would probably be a good idea to start rolling out alpha releases,
though.  Maybe we could get some more testing done.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/