Re: gnats-4_1_0-rc1 updated...

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: gnats-4_1_0-rc1 updated...
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:38:49 -0600

Chad Walstrom wrote:
> OK, I've committed the gnats/configure.in changes as well as the new
> gnats/autoconf.h.in and configure, and I moved the gnats-4_1_0-rc1 tag
> forward.  To get the new updates, run cvs update in your working
> directory.

Since this post, I haven't been able to work on GNATS much.  I'll have
some free time coming up again, so hopefully we can work through some of
these compilation bugs.

> I definitely feel the need to have our own GNATS database back up and
> running, now more than ever.  A little dogbowl would be good.

Rather than wait for the volunteer GNU sysadmin's to install GNATS for
us, I've installed it on my personal little Ultrasparc 5 running Debian
GNU/Linux (sarge).  I did not have email submitted to address@hidden
forwarded until this weekend, but I believe everything is working as it
should.

All emails submitted to address@hidden are being forwarded to
address@hidden, the email address for the temporary GNATS
server.  You may continue to send subsequent emails for the audit trail
to address@hidden

> We have two new open issues with respect to the RC1.  One compilation
> issue with Solaris Workshop 8 cc (conflicts between stdlib.h,
> unistd.h, and stdio.h), and one on FreeBSD with gnats-pwconv being
> unbuildable, which may have something to do with how getopt() is being
> declared.
>
> I've got a busy day at work tomorrow and I'm going hunting this
> weekend, so I'll be unable to work on GNATS until next week.  If you
> find solutions to these problems, please send them to
> address@hidden ;-)

Correction to that advise.  If we should hash things out in public
conversations, send it to address@hidden  Let's reserve bug-gnats
for initial problem reports.  If you want to watch audit-trail reports,
subscribe to gnats-prs.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/