Re: Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:18:48 +0200

Chad Walstrom wrote:

Horvath Peter wrote:
I got this error message:
Request not processed: 413 Request entity too large

You know, I've looked in the gnats 4.0 for "Request" and "entity" and
haven't found either string.  Unfortunately, it seems that savannah has
yet again fouled up my cvs-over-ssh access.
This is an error message from the web server, not from GNATS. Basically, the request that goes from the browser to the web server contains more data than the web server has been configured to receive at once. If your web server is running Apache, this should be possible to to fix by using the LimitRequestFieldsize directive in httpd.conf, see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestfieldsize for details.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer