gnatsd: Segmentation fault (closes telnet connection)

From: Michael Breen
Subject: gnatsd: Segmentation fault (closes telnet connection)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:27:35 +0100 (BST)

Regarding my message on the 10th,
the telnet connection is being closed because
gnatsd crashes immediately whenever it's run:

$ telnet localhost 1529
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
$

$ /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
Segmentation fault
$

This happens for user gnats and for root.
(I suppose I didn't try this before because, e.g.,
query-pr seems to work OK and I assumed it was
something to with xinetd config or the like.)

GNATS version 4.0, Fedora Core 1, 2.6.5 kernel

I saw no errors in compiling or installing GNATS
and I used the default options.

Has anyone any ideas?
Regards,
Michael