Re: What will I dislike about GNATS?

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: What will I dislike about GNATS?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:52:25 -0500

Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Coming from the world of Req and having looked into RT and roundup,
> what makes GNATS stand out in comparison?  I don't necessarily mean
> "What makes GNATS better?"  I am curious to hear of its quirks or odd
> modes of workflow if they exist.  I've browsed the docs and FAQ.

I think the biggest complaint people have is over GNATS poor
understanding of MIME.  Currently, much of this can be avoided through
the use of procmail scripts and auto-responders.  I have a custom
procmail script that does a pretty good job of filtering out marked
spam, viruses, and overly large emails.  HTML-only emails are converted
to text, and emails that fail to enter the queue are saved to separate
mail folders.  If you're interested in the RC file, just send me an
email and I'll forward it to you.

MIME-handling enhancement is one of those big TODO's that would bring
GNATS around to modern email technology.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/