Re: Access level problem on gnats 4.0

From: Mel Hatzis
Subject: Re: Access level problem on gnats 4.0
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:28:51 -0800

Hi Evan, ...

On 02/10/2004 08:50 AM, Evan Lavelle submitted:
I've just installed gnats 4.0 and I'm having a problem getting access to a database. This is a single machine (RH7.2), single-user trial setup, using gnatsd. 'host_access' contains:

localhost:admin:
*:listdb:

There are two locations where you can place the "access" files:

  1. <instdir>/etc/gnats/

  2. <dbdir>/gnats-adm/

Check for a gnatsd.user_access file in both locations. Note that
the one in the <dbdir> will override the one in <instdir>.

query-pr gives me an 'acess denied' message, and USER says that my access level is 'listdb'. If I remove the '*:listdb:' entry then I don't get any permissions at all. I've tried variations on 'localhost', and tried 'edit' instead of 'admin', but nothing gives me an access level above listdb.

I've also tried creating a 'user_access' which contains the single line

evan::admin

The syntax of the gnatsd.user_access file has changed some.
You should use the following equivalent:

evan:$0$:admin:

but this doesn't make any difference. I know that gnatsd is successfully restaring because removing the '*:listdb:' line lowers the permissions.

Any ideas?

Hope this helps.

--
Mel Hatzis