Re: too many 'changed' entries

From: Dirk Schenkewitz
Subject: Re: too many 'changed' entries
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:04:16 +0100

Dirk Schenkewitz schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
> Can someone give me a hint to get rid of this:
>
> Every time a PR is edited (via Gnatsweb) it happens that stuff is noted as
> 'changed' in the Audit-Trail, although the only "change" was the formatting,
> and even there the user did not change anything - all of this happens auto-
> matically.
>
> As an example, here is something I found in one audit-trail.
> /
> | Description-Changed-From-To: In einer Mehrfachauswahl wird auf einen String
> mit einem '#D ' abgefragt. Entspricht der Wert,
> | verläuft zunächst alles gut. Entspricht der Wert nicht und muss er nur
> überlesen werden, kommt Fehler: Variable Konstante
> | erwartet.
> | ->In einer Mehrfachauswahl wird auf einen String mit einem '#D
> | ' abgefragt. Entspricht der Wert, verläuft zunächst alles
> | gut. Entspricht der Wert nicht und muss er nur überlesen
> | werden, kommt Fehler: Variable Konstante erwartet.
> \
>
> We're using Gnatsweb v3.99.3, Gnats v4.0-beta1 (taken from the GnatsWeb
> display) - is this a known bug which can be removed by updating, perhaps ?
> Or did I make a configuration mistake ?
> Or is it the fault of my favourite browser (Opera 7.0), running on Win-NT 4.0
> ?

It can't be the browser, other people here have the same problem
and they use IE or Netscape (4.7x to 7.x) or Mozilla.

Has nobody else observed this ?
(Please, people, give me a hint, even if it is something obvious -
right now i'm just out of ideas.)

Can/should I ask somewhere else ? But then, where (or whom) ?

Slowly getting desperate...
        dirk
--
Dirk Schenkewitz

InterFace AG                 fon: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 126
Leipziger Str. 16            fax: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 83
D-82008 Unterhaching
http://www.interface-ag.de   mailto:address@hidden